Our planet needs our help now more than ever before. This infographic by the NOAA shares ten ways by which we can help sustain our planet.
Anything else you’re interested in is not going to happen if you can’t breathe the air and drink the water. Don’t sit this one out. Do something. – Carl Sagan
The Gist Of This Infographic
Planet Earth is synonymous with life. It is home to a vast variety of rich ecosystems. These ecosystems can hold thousands of species of animals, plants, insects and other living organisms. As far as we know, earth is the only planet in the known universe where life has been able to thrive to such an extent.
Over the decades, we’ve allowed ourselves to disregard the complexity and fragility of earth’s ecosystems. Humanity has been the cause of deforestation, global warming, habitat destruction, holocene extinction, and extensive air, land and water pollution. We must turn things around before it’s too late.
This infographic prescribes ten ways by which we can actually do good for planet earth. Give it a read, share it with your friends, and save it to your desktop. Challenge yourself to adopt at least 5 of these 10 sustainability practices. You’ll go a long way in helping our planet, and you’ll feel great about it.
Ten Ways to Sustain Life On Our Planet
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Reduce the amount of waste you produce, particularly plastics and metals. You will help reduce pollution and conserve natural resources.
- Volunteer for sustainability. Donate your time and effort during community cleanups and non-profit sustainability projects. Get involved in improving environmental conditions around you.
- Educate & raise awareness. For people to feel accountable, they must be well-informed. By learning and talking about environmental crises, you can use knowledge as a tool to help drive sustainability.
- Conserve water. Water is one of the most valuable resources that this planet has to offer, and it’s slowly running out. Shift your water usage to off-peak hours, fix leaky faucets, and close taps immediately after use.
- Choose sustainability. We can be more earth-conscious by making smarter choices, such as eating sustainable seafood and opting for biodegradable products.
- Buy less plastic. Plastic is one of the world’s top pollutant and has signifcant negative impact on wildlife, wildlife habitats, and environmental conditions. Make alternative choices that circumvent the use of plastic.
- Use energy-efficient lighting. Use energy-efficient light bulbs, and switch lights off whenever possible. By reducing your consumption of electricity, you’re indirectly reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Plant some trees. It is estimated that an average tree can offset one tCO2 during its lifetime of about 100 years. In other words, one tree can earn you 1/100th in carbon credits per year. Trees clean the air we breathe, produce oxygen, and help combat climate change.
- Choose non-toxic products. Toxic chemicals find their way into waterways, rivers, lakes and oceans. They kill living organisms and damage ecosystems. Choose non-toxic alternatives for all your needs.
- Drive less. We are all aware of the fact that greenhouse gases in vehicle emissions are one of the leading causes of global warming. Whenever possible, abstain from driving your car. Instead, Take a walk or ride a bike.
— Added to the IgDb Infographics Archive (> Source)free wordpress themes
Categories: Science & Nature